Visual Collector. Swimwear Hoarder. Accessories Lover. Modern Jewellery Magpie. Pattern and Colour Obsessor. Vintage Fancier. Craft Advocate. Sunseeker. Jodi Muter Hamilton.

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Beauty is...

....in the eye of the beholder. We are constantly bombarded by images of skinny models and the looks of superiority thin women give; resulting in pressure to be thin or a certain size. However its up to each individual to decide what is attractive to them. I'm know never going to 7.5 stone again yet my thoughts sway between wishing I was thinner, just that half a stone lighter and loving the fact that I have distinctly athletic 'vintage' shape. Overall I'm happy being curvy, jive dancing in a vintage dress with stockings and suspenders, or pulling on a pair of tight 80s stone washed Levis. It leads me to question whether I'm attracted to the vintage look because it suits my shape, and if I wasn't the shape I am would I be into something else. Does our shape influence our life or does our life shape our body. Who knows maybe I just spent to long looking at my dads Pirelli calendar's when I was younger. To me attractive is a toned curve.

Betty Page



Cindy Crawford


Grace Jones


Helmut Newton



Ice T's wife Coco



Nicki Minaj

No comments: