Visual Collector. Swimwear Hoarder. Accessories Lover. Modern Jewellery Magpie. Pattern and Colour Obsessor. Vintage Fancier. Craft Advocate. Sunseeker. Jodi Muter Hamilton.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Tina Kalivas







Tina Kalivas is a lady with clear talent. Australian based Tina Kalivas lived in London for 8 years, primarily she worked at Alexander McQueen, where she was seamstress and Creative Pattern Cutter of showpieces and private orders. Sometimes I come across designers would I feel an affinity towards, and see their influences, taste and perhaps hidden meanings come through in their work.
For one of my pattern cutting projects at Uni I used the basis of a paper airplane and origami to fold a structure into the front of a dress, I dare say that was one of Tina's starting points for this dress. Needless to say Tina would be someone I'd love to have a good old chin wag with!


You can even buy her collection at ASOS!

No comments: